Directory: Catalog > Water
Heaters > A. O. Smith > Oil-Fired Water Heaters
A.O. Smith COF Series Oil-Fired, Small Volume Water Heater
- Meets or exceeds the thermal efficiency and standy loss requirements of the U.S. Department of Energy and Current Edition ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1.
Lime Tamer™ Models Inhibit Lime and Sediment Buildup
- Lime Tamer™ models are warranted against tank failure due to sediment buildup for three years.
- Maximizes tank life. 160psi working pressure.
180° Adjustable Thermostat
- Has upper and lower sensing bulbs to average water temperatures at top and bottom of heater for maximum temperature control (120°-180°).
- Limits temperature buildup.
UL Listed Oil Burner
- Precision engineered to match the units they are used with; designed to ﬁre 1.75 to 5.0 gallons of oil per hour.
- All models equipped with single phase continuous duty motor 120 volt AC60 Hz, 3450 rpm with manual overload switch and interrupted ignition.
- Standard burners equipped with single stage pump with 1 or 2 line capability.
- Flame retention principle assures high rate of combustion efficiency, yet maintains low operating noise levels.
- Fuel unit includes pump, strainer, pressure regulating valve and ignition transformer.
- Transformer rated at 120 volt AC, 60 Hz with 10,000 volt secondary, UL listed for use with No. 1 and 2 commercial grade fuel oil.
- Burner mounted cadmium cell relay for flame detection - 15 second safety switch timing eliminates the need for RA890F Electronic Safeguard.
- Complies with UL A708.5-32/33.
Efficient Combustion Chamber
- Precast, high temperature combustion chamber made of alumina silica ceramic fiber. Engineered for maximum insulation and heat reflection.
- Unique design assures more complete combustion by stabilizing flame pattern.
- Reduces electrical consumption.
Oil Solenoid Safety Valve
- Standard on COF-455 and 700.
3/4” Drain Valve
- Provided in lower tank for fast draining.
Two Hand-Hole Cleanouts
- Allows easy cleaning on standard models COF-385 and larger and ASME models.
Flame Observation Port
- Permits convenient flame check
- Saves fuel, helps maintain constant temperature.
- Heavy gauge steel with baked enamel finish over bonderized undercoat.
- Not approved for installation on combustible flooring.
Easy to Install Burner
- Three bolt mounting of burner assures easy installation.
Barometric Draft Regulator
CSA Certified and ASME Rated T&P Relief Valve
- Two Stage Pump - For use with underground oil storage tanks or JP-5 fuel
- ASME Construction Available - All models are rated 160 psi max working pressure
- CAUTION: Units must be installed on noncombustible surface.
Three Year Limited Tank Warranty
- Factory Start-Up included - Required for activating warranty and assuring maximum operating performance.
Loading times will vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection. After the download is complete, use your browser's back arrow to return to this page.
Lead times vary, depending on the unit. Please contact us for questions about product availability.
|COF-199S Oil-Fired Water Heater, Standard
86 Gallon, 199,000 BTU Input
|COF-385A Oil-Fired Water Heater, ASME
75 Gallon, 315,000 BTU Input
|COF-455A Oil-Fired Water Heater, ASME
75 Gallon, 455,000 BTU Input
|COF-700A Oil-Fired Water Heater, ASME
69 Gallon, 700,000 BTU Input
*IMPORTANT: By purchasing this boiler from JupiterHeating.com, the customer is agreeing that the unit will be installed by a licensed, professional heating contractor; that the customer and installer will follow all local zoning regulations, as well as all manufacturer's installation instructions, policies, and warranty requirements; and that the customer has read and understood JupiterHeating.com's Terms of Sale.
Shipping for unit is $200 to anywhere in the continental United States (multiple units are shipped at no additional charge).
The rate is based on residential delivery with a liftgate. This unit is
strapped onto a pallet and shipped via LTL to minimize risk of shipping damage.
Shipping savings may by possible for commercial delivery,
or for not needing a liftgate. Contact Us for a custom
shipping quote if any of those situations apply, or if you are located outside the continental United States.