Directory: Catalog > Water
Heaters > A. O. Smith > Gas-Fired Water Heaters
A.O. Smith Vertex™ Power Vent Water Heater (Model GPHE-50)
- 90% Thermal Efficiency
- Endless Hot Water
- Versatile Power Vent Design
Today’s homes demand more hot water than ever before, and the 90% efficient Vertex power vent gas water heater offers unprecedented levels of performance to meet the need. The 50-gallon Vertex delivers hot water output that rivals a 75-gallon atmospheric gas water heater. In fact, the fully condensing Vertex design is so advanced, it can deliver “endless hot water for showers”…a continuous flow of over 3 gallons per minute.* Yet Vertex is easy to install, with height, diameter and installation requirements similar to standard power-vent units.
Helical Internal Heat Exchanger
- Positioned in the center of the tank, surrounded by water to virtually eliminate radiant heat loss from the chamber
- Achieves 90% thermal efficiency which saves money on operating costs compared to a standard 78% efficient gas water heater
Power Vents Using PVC Pipe
- Combined vertical and horizontal runs terminating through an outside wall. Vents using PVC, CPVC or ABS pipe. Canadian installations require ULC S636 approved PVC or CPVC pipe for venting.
- 2” pipe, vents up to 25 equivalent feet
- 3” pipe, vents up to 65 equivalent feet
- 4” pipe, vents up to 128 equivalent feet
- Equipped with 120 volt, 60 Hz electrical system (rating 5 amps or less), 6-foot cord with standard 3-prong connector
- 2" PVC pipe, elbows and condensate drain supplied to connect heat exchanger outlet to blower
- PVC Vent Attenuation Assembly (VAA) supplied
Side-Mounted Hot and Cold Recirculating Taps
Allows Vertex to be installed as part of combination space heating/water heating applications or any system requiring a recirculating hot water loop, including radiant floor heating
Intelli-Vent™** Gas Control
- Equipped with nearly indestructible silicon nitride hot surface ignitor — no standing pilot
- Advanced electronics for more precise control of water temperature and easy to understand system diagnostics
Commercial Grade Glass Lining
- A. O. Smith PermaGlas® Ultra Coat™ process provides superior protection against corrosion
- Protects all interior tank surfaces including inside and outside of helical heat exchanger
Two Heavy-Duty Anode Rods
- Provide maximum protection against corrosion
Green Choice® Gas Burner
- Patented “Eco-Friendly” design reduces NOx emissions by up to 33% and meets less than 40ng/j requirements for low NOx emissions
CSA Certified and ASME Rated T&P Relief Valve
Maximum Hydrostatic Working Pressure: 150 PSI
Codes and Standards
- Design-certified by UL (Underwriters Laboratories) according to ANSI Z21.10.3 - CSA 4.3 Standards
- Meets or exceeds the thermal efficiency and standby loss requirements of the U. S. Department of Energy and ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1
Six Year Limited Tank and Parts Warranty
Loading times will vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection. After the download is complete, use your browser's back arrow to return to this page.
Lead times vary, depending on the unit. Please contact us for questions about product availability.
|GPHE-50 NG Vertex High Efficiency Power Vent Water Heater
50 gallon, Natural Gas, 76,000 BTU
*IMPORTANT: By purchasing this boiler from JupiterHeating.com, the customer is agreeing that the unit will be installed by a licensed, professional heating contractor; that the customer and installer will follow all local zoning regulations, as well as all manufacturer's installation instructions, policies, and warranty requirements; and that the customer has read and understood JupiterHeating.com's Terms of Sale.
Shipping for unit is $200 to anywhere in the continental United States (multiple units are shipped at no additional charge).
The rate is based on residential delivery with a liftgate. This unit is
strapped onto a pallet and shipped via LTL to minimize risk of shipping damage.
Shipping savings may by possible for commercial delivery,
or for not needing a liftgate. Contact Us for a custom
shipping quote if any of those situations apply, or if you are located outside the continental United States.