Directory: Catalog > Water
Heaters > A. O. Smith
A.O. Smith Vertex™ Power Vent Water Heater (Model GPHE-50)
- 90% Thermal Efficiency
- Endless Hot Water
- Versatile Power Vent Design
Today’s homes demand more hot water than ever before, and the 90% efficient Vertex power vent gas water heater offers unprecedented levels of performance to meet the need. The 50-gallon Vertex delivers more hot water than a standard 75-gallon atmospheric gas water heater. In fact, the fully condensing Vertex design is so advanced, it can deliver “continuous hot water for shower after shower”…a constant flow of over 3 gallons per minute.* Yet Vertex is
easy to install, with height, diameter and installation requirements similar to standard power vent units.
Helical Internal Heat Exchanger
- Spiral heat exchanger keeps hot combustion gases in the tank longer to lengthen the heat transfer cycle
- Positioned in the center of the tank for more even heat distribution
- Operates at 90% thermal efficiency, which saves money on operating costs compared to a standard 78% efficient gas water heater
Power Vent Design
- Combined vertical and horizontal runs terminating through an outside wall. Vents using PVC, CPVC, ABS or polypropylene pipe. Canadian installations require ULC S636 approved pipe for venting.
- 2” pipe, vents up to 25 equivalent feet
- 3” pipe, vents up to 65 equivalent feet
- 4” pipe, vents up to 128 equivalent feet
- Equipped with 120 volt, 60 Hz electrical system (rating 5 amps or less), 6-foot cord with standard 3-prong connector
- 2” PVC pipe, elbows and condensate drain supplied to connect heat exchanger outlet to blower
- PVC Vent Attenuation Assembly (VAA) supplied
Side-Mounted Hot and Cold Recirculating Taps
- Allows Vertex to be installed as part of combination space heating/water heating applications or any system requiring a recirculating hot water loop, including radiant floor heating.
Intelli-Vent™** Gas Control
- Equipped with nearly indestructible silicon nitride hot surface ignitor — no standing pilot
- Advanced electronics for more precise control of water temperature and easy to understand system diagnostics
Blue Diamond® Glass Coating
Two Heavy-Duty Anode Rods
- Provide maximum protection against corrosion
Green Choice® Gas Burner
- Patented eco-friendly burner design reduces NOx emissions by up to 33% and complies with Low-NOx emission requirements of less than 40 ng/J.
ASME Rated and CSA Certified T&P Reliefe Valve
Maximum Hydrostatic Working Pressure: 150 PSI
- Meets UBC, CEC and HUD National Codes.
- Meets the thermal efficiency and standby loss requirements of the U.S. Department of Energy and current edition of ASHRAE/IENSA 90.1.
- Complies with the Federal Energy Conservation Standards effective April 16, 2015, in accordance with the Energy Policy and Conservation Act, (EPCA), as amended.
Design-Certified by Underwriters Laboratories
- Certified at 300 PSI test pressure and 150 PSI working pressure. Listed according to ANSI Z21.10.1 - CSA 4.1 standards governing storage tank-type water heaters.
6-Year Limited Tank and Parts Warranty
- Gallon Capacity: 50
- Maximum BTUs: 76,000
- Standby Loss BTUs per Hour: 364
- Power Source: Natural Gas
- Thermal Efficiency: 90%
- Limited Tank Warranty: 6 Years
- Limited Parts Warranty: 6 Years
- Anode: Standard Anode
- Anode 2: Standard Anode
- T&P Relief Valve: Yes
- Pilot Reset Button: Yes
- Ignition Type: Electronic
- Water Connection Location: Top
- Water Connection Size: 3/4"
- Emissions: Low NOx
- ENERGY STAR®: Yes
- Height: 68 1/4"
- Height w/Draft Hood: 70 5/8"
- Diameter: 27"
- Width: 15 3/4"
- Depth: 27"
- Shipping Weight: 210lbs
- Vent Type: Power Vent
Loading times will vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection. After the download is complete, use your browser's back arrow to return to this page.
Lead times vary, depending on the unit. Please contact us for questions about product availability.
|GPHE-50 NG Vertex High Efficiency Power Vent Water Heater
50 gallon, Natural Gas, 76,000 BTU
*IMPORTANT: By purchasing this water heater from JupiterHeating.com, the customer is agreeing that the unit will be installed by a licensed, professional heating contractor; that the customer and installer will follow all local zoning regulations, as well as all manufacturer's installation instructions, policies, and warranty requirements; and that the customer has read and understood JupiterHeating.com's Terms of Sale.
Shipping for unit is $200 to anywhere in the continental United States (multiple units are shipped at no additional charge).
The rate is based on residential delivery with a liftgate. Shipping savings may by possible for commercial delivery,
or for not needing a liftgate. Contact Us for a custom
shipping quote if any of those situations apply, or if you are located outside the continental United States.